Friday, January 6, 2012

Is Living Healthy In Your New Years Resolution???

For anyone who has made a New Year's Resolution for 2012 to lose weight, get in shape, or anything relating to being healthy or increasing your physical performance, I just wanted to share a little about my story so you know that there are people around you that have been through it all and are here for your support during your amazing life changing decisions to live a healthy lifestyle.       

In July 2005, I was in a horrific car accident and I wrapped my car practically around a tree.  As a result of the accident I had major trauma to my descending aorta, rendering it severed, separated approximately 2 cm.  Along with the severed aorta, I also had eleven broken ribs.  Seven hours after the accident, I underwent open-heart surgery at Fairfax Inova Heart Center in Fairfax, VA.  After spending 10 days in the hospital after surgery, I spent about 6 months in recovery from the accident.       

During the time I had my accident, I was not living a very healthy lifestyle.  I was not eating well, I drank too much, and even though I was in the Marine Corps, it did not stop me from living a very destructive way of life.

It wasn't until January of 2008, that I decided to make a life changing decision, which included me losing all the weight that I had gained from making unhealthy lifestyle decisions over the years.       

Below you can see the pictures which were taken in year 2008 prior to me starting to care about myself and beginning the steps to transformation.  The heaviest I ever weighed was 272 lbs.  One day I literally woke up and looked at myself in the mirror and realized how over-weight I was.  Right then and there, I vowed to do whatever it took to lose my weight and live a healthier lifestyle, not only for me, but to also be an inspiration to my friends and family.         

Currently, I am weighing in at 166 lbs, which means I have lost 106 lbs to date.  I want emphasize the fact that I did this all naturally, without any special dietary supplements or special vitamins to assist me in this weight loss journey.  I took me 3 years to get to where I am today and it hasn't been easy.  Remember that its not about how fast you can make yourself look better, but about making healthy lifestyle decisions so that you live an overall healthy life.         

If you are one of the people out there that have decided that it's time to do something about making lifestyle changes, please drop me a line and find out how I can help and support you especially  if there is anything that you think will hinder you in this awesome journey.          Please enjoy my before and after pics from this awesome experience.  I wish you all good luck and hope that this is an inspiration for you all to move forward with your 2012 New Year's Resolutions.




PRESENT


No comments:

Post a Comment